Oct 23, 2018

Prof. Ted Young on the 'failure of education'

I have moved to King's for a little more than a year now, doing a 'postdoc'. After a long struggle on the choice between 'industry' and 'academia', probably a question every PhD candidate faces, this is the choice I made at the moment.

While research is my main task as a 'research associate', I do respect those who devote to teaching and think about education. what job is more important in the world than to educate and nurture the minds that will shape our society for the next 100, 200 years?
I am reading this speech made by Prof. I. T. Young on the 'failure of education' in the context of Netherlands, but I believe it is quite general to many places.
http://homepage.tudelft.nl/t5g29/manuscripts/Failure%20in%20Education%20-%20IT%20Young.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment